We have four books left to give away and this time the one we are giving away is the Swift Pocket Reference (Programming for iOS 8 and OS X) by Anthony Gray. This small book is beautifully written and pleasantly Succinct. Out of all the books to have in your collection, this is definitely one Swift book that you should add to your shelf.
About the Book
In the Swift Pocket Reference you will get quick answers for developing and debugging applications with Swift, Apple’s multi-paradigm programming language. This pocket reference is the perfect on-the-job tool for learning Swift’s modern language features, including type safety, generics, type inference, closures, tuples, automatic memory management, and support for Unicode.
Designed to work with Cocoa and Cocoa Touch, Swift can be used in tandem with Objective-C, and either of these languages can call APIs implemented in the other. Swift is still evolving, but it’s clear that Apple sees it as the future language of choice for iOS and OS X software development.
- Swift’s Run-Eval-Print-Loop (REPL) and interactive playgrounds
- Supported data types, such as strings, arrays, and dictionaries
- Variables and constants
- Program flow: loops and conditional execution
- Classes, structures, enumerations, functions, and protocols
- Closures: similar to blocks in Objective-C and lambdas in C#
- Optionals: values that can explicitly have no value
- Operators, operator overloading, and custom operators
- Access control: restricting access to types, methods, and properties
- Built-in global functions and their parameter requirements
Enter in 3 Simple Steps
1) Follow @iOS_blog on twitter.
2) Tweet this message: “Win a copy of the Swift Pocket Reference – http://bit.ly/1M9YIKZ”
3) Post your full name & twitter status url in the comments section below.
That is it! Simple. Don’t forget to read the Rules and Deadline Information at the bottom of this post.
1) The winner will be chosen at random and notified via twitter or email or facebook. The winner must be following @iOS_blog.
2) You may only enter once per twitter account
Competition closes March 15th at 00:00 GMT, The winner will be notified within 48hours of the closing date and time via Twitter or Email or Facebook.